How many times you have to repeat the same mistake to really learn the lesson? - It depends. Seceda is undoubtedly one of those breathtaking places on planet which grabs your soul and make it difficult to keep focused and think logically. There were some nice low clouds when I got there, promising colorful sunset. Unfortunately all clouds eventually concentrated on the west and the sunset was completely blocked to my frustration.
It became darker every minute and I packed my bag and started to descend to refugio. And 5 minutes later the sun found narrow slot in the clouds and send its farewell to the mountains. I made U-turn and run back uphill to the vantage point with my heavy backpack as fast as I could. Grabbed the camera, made some hand-held frames and several seconds later the show was over. Somehow I managed not to overexpose the lights and made decently sharp frames by sheer luck. The lesson is clear and simple: think twice before you start packing - nature may surprise you. Did I learn it well - we'll see.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor