In October 2019, I spent a week in the marvellous Charlevoix region with friends. We chose that time of year because the area is so spectacular in autumn. As planned we arrived at the St-Lawrence River shoreline 45 minutes before sunrise. The weather forecast was good. I wanted to show the coastal mountains, the textures on the rocky beach, and the river. I was hoping for a beautiful sky. To compose the image, I used a wide-angle zoom at 16 mm (35 mm eq.). I added a 10-stop ND filter to lengthen the exposure time in order to flatten the small waves and to create cloud lines. I love the Live Time feature on my camera: it allows me to have a perfect histogram (ETTR) each time without blowing the highlights. Looking at this photograph, I always say “Nature is so beautiful. I have to go back to Charlevoix!”Upload YOUR Picture • WIN $200 Cash
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor