This photograph was taken at sunrise in March 2019 near the shore of the frozen lake Ouareau in Quebec, Canada. Using the Photographer’s Ephemeris tool, I planned this shot for sunrise. I was seduced by the little snow ripples created by the wind and caught by the way the rising sun illuminated and emphasized the snow's texture and the ice crystals. I used a very small aperture (F/22) to create the star effect of the rising sun. That morning, I got up very early, and it paid off!
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your pictures to over 300,000 followers
• Download all new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor