This photograph was taken at sunrise in March 2019 near the shore of the frozen lake Ouareau in Quebec, Canada. Using the Photographer’s Ephemeris tool, I planned this shot for sunrise. I was seduced by the little snow ripples created by the wind and caught by the way the rising sun illuminated and emphasized the snow's texture and the ice crystals. I used a very small aperture (F/22) to create the star effect of the rising sun. That morning, I got up very early, and it paid off!
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor