I was taking my late day hike on the trails through the sagebrush steppe on a crisp autumn day above my hometown of Salmon, Idaho, I suddenly realized I had to hurry along to catch the sunset at my favorite overlook above the Salmon River. I have been trying to capture the same landscape scene, looking north downriver with the cliffs towering above it, in all four seasons. After a few photos I looked over my shoulder to check the sun's location to the southwest when I noticed the incredible shadows and the colors of the leaves looking upriver to the south. I cranked the aperture to f/22 and hoped for the best and as it turned out they were the best pictures of the evening
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor