I found this picture unedited on my hard drive, and looking at the RAW file, I thought it was worth processing.
This is Castle Stalker in Argyll. After the sun had dropped behind the mountains, it was hard to see whether or not there would be any decent colours appearing within the blue hour, so I decided to wait just in case. It was pretty cold, but the drive back to Glencoe wasn't long, so another 30 minutes or so wasn't going to spoil anything except perhaps for hypothermia and numb feet.
Luckily after about 10-15 minutes, great colours appeared, and with the sun no longer in the frame, this gave me a chance for a few longer exposures to get the colours on the moving clouds streaking through the frame.
A freezing wait but an evening very well spent in my book. I have had to turn the blues down a little bit as the colours were that vivid.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor