A couple of years ago, I organized a photo trip with friends in the beautiful Scottish Highlands. We spent one week in the Glencoe region and a second on the Isle of Skye. The Highlands are truly a photographer’s paradise. To plan the trip, I relied mainly on the Landscape Photographer’s Guide for both regions, having bought the eBooks on LPMs website.
During our week on Isle of Skye, we spent a day at Elgol and had a great time. Driving along the road on the way back, I saw a lonely big rock nearby with the mountains in the background. I stopped and parked the car. I was struck by the two rocks and the pair of trees in the foreground and the three peaks in the distance; the low clouds creating an intimate atmosphere. So, I installed my tripod and used a wide-angle lens. To accentuate the texture of the clouds I installed a ND filter and set a 13 second exposure. As always using my live time feature on my camera I knew I would have a perfect histogram (ETTR).
We found that the Scottish Highlands wonderful to photograph. There are so many places containing all the important elements of composition: lines, curves, textures, patterns, shapes, colors, and frames. When driving a vehicle in the Highlands always be prepared to stop and park safely. On several occasions during our trip, as a joke, we asked each other, “Do we have to go back home?”
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor