In October 2019, I spent a week in the marvelous Charlevoix region with friends. We chose that time of year because the area is so spectacular in autumn. As planned, we arrived on the west point of Isle-aux- Coudres 30 minutes before sunset. The island is in the middle of the St-Laurence River. I wanted to show the coastal mountains, the textures on the rocky beach, and the river. I was hoping for a beautiful colored and textured sky. To compose the image, I used my Leica wide-angle lens at 16 mm (35 mm eq.) Lines and textures were already in the clouds. I did not think a long exposure was appropriate, wanting to freeze the clouds rather than having them blurred. As always, I exposed to the right (ETTR) without blowing the highlights. Sunset is a precious moment.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor