In 2020, my wife and I planned to visit New Mexico in the fall to see the national parks and other scenic areas, plus attend the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta. That fell apart with Covid. Last year we made it to New Mexico in the spring, but that did not cover the balloons. We returned in October to go to the Fiesta with her sisters.
Having gone that far, I did not want to return home immediately. It seemed a good idea to me that we stay on for another week or more to visit the San Juan Mountains in southwestern Colorado, with the bonus that it would be fall color season. We got lucky that our timing turned out to be pretty close to the peak. We started this part of our trip with two days in Telluride.
On one of those days, we drove south to take in a couple of alpine lakes. As we made our way along the road, great views surrounded us. One of them was in this spot with sunlit trees below Sunshine Mountain and Mt. Wilson behind.
Our trip continued to Ridgeway, Ouray, Aspen, and Great Sand Dunes, but this was one of my favorite shots.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor