TAKE PART • WIN $100
My wife has family in England and we have visited there four times now. The second to last trip was in 1995 though, and she wanted to go again in 2019, which we did from late April to early May. During the other trips, we were in places from London to Wales to Scotland. This time, she wanted to see the south coast. I worked up a number of nice locations to fill a week and a half following some time in London again. In my planning, I used a photography guide for Devon, Dorset, and Cornwall.
Several days after London, we were at Corfe for a couple days. We visited the castle and Old Harry Rocks, then went over to Kimmeridge Bay. The roads were pretty much single lane, and it was very tight if you ran into another car. We parked on the east side of the bay, and walked along the shore under the cliffs. I took some shots here, but did not see the scene that I was expecting. On the way out we noticed an interesting local fossil museum, but did not have time to visit then. This is part of the Jurassic Coast, after all.
The next day, after sunrise in another location, we went back to the museum, which we enjoyed. Since we were close again, we returned to the bay but on the other side. From the western shore line I saw the view that I had wanted the day before, overlooking the rock ledges toward Clavell Tower.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor