This is an image taken at the shore of Lake Neusiedl near the town of Podersdorf in the eastern part of Austria. Lake Neusiedl is one of the few steppe lakes in Europe, and Podersdorf is a well-known spot for sailing and windsurfing.
It was an icy day in February some years ago, with a strong wind from the northwest and temperatures at about minus 10°C that made for a tough job to mount the camera on the tripod and do all the adjustments. I also had to take some steps on the frozen lake to frame the scene this way.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor