In February 2020, I participated to a photo tour in the fabulous Charlevoix region. A big advantage of such a tour is that the guide brings you to the right place at the right time, so participants do not waste time scouting unfamiliar areas. Additionally, the tour guide can help with technical issues. That morning, our guide brought us along the train tracks parallel to the magnificent St-Lawrence River near Saint-Irénée, Quebec, Canada, giving us access to the shore. The river has tides that can reach seven meters, and it sculpts fabulous ice blocks.
Looking at this ice block, I imagined an open mouth ready to seize the light rays of the approaching sunrise. So I installed my tripod and used a 10 stop ND filter to perform a long exposure. Fourteen seconds yielded a perfect histogram. Later the same day, I captured another shot that was previously published on the LPM website.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor