Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
4 sheep bedded down for the evening... A couple of years ago, my wife and I visited the UK, in October primarily for my wife to do some family research in Stafford, Staffordshire where her father’s family originated from before migrating to the US. Her studies taken care of, we turned our attention to the Peaks District and stayed for several nights in Rowsley, Derbyshire.
Of course we rented a car and of course I had to mentally prepare myself for driving on the other side of the road. For several weeks prior to our visit, I mentally practice driving and making left and right turns, just like fighter pilots practice aerial maneuvers before they get into their jets. It was the left turns that was of particularly worried about. Even so, I could not have survived without the smart phone GPS to tell me which street I had to exit in the round-about. “Take the 4th exit” as I counted them off.
So after forging our way from Stafford to Rowsley and settled in, I began roaming the local area. We were situated on the eastern side of the River Derwent and on the western side was a wonderful complex of fields and fenced hedge rows. I kept looking at this particular field with some sheep in in one of the fields. So, on a nice sunny evening I got out my 70-300, mounted it to my Gitzo travel tripod and captured this appealing image. What is wonderful about the scene, but hardly recognizable are the 4 sheep bedded down in the middle left field. It’s one of those idyllic English country fall scenes that I often visualized. We had great fun wandering the Peaks District before ending our trip in the Cotswolds.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor