This shot was taken 2 years ago about 20 mins after sunset when the sky still radiated the afterglow common to desert regions. It was taken in south western New South Wales in the Lake Mungo national park. I had been out amongst the sand for several hours and was about to head back to camp when I glanced back at this view. It was much darker than this so I did need to lighten it up in post processing in LR. It seemed to be a wasted shot at the time as it was very dark on the cameras small screen but when it was lightened I realised its potential.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor