Several years ago, we visited Acadia National Park. One morning, getting up early to catch sunrise, I was amazed to see the huge 4-masted sailboat moored in the harbour. For me, it represented the concept of liberty and the freedom to travel the world. The texture of the clouds and the reflection of the masts on the water set off the subject and completed the composition.
To ensure that I would have enough information to finalize the processing on returning home, I did a 5-shot exposure bracketing series of images to capture the dynamic range. Once again it paid off to get up early.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor