In August 2018, we travelled to Peru and Bolivia as members of an organized trip. On the day I saw this never-ending road leading to the impressive mountains touched by fog and covered by snow, I asked the bus driver to stop. He told me “Sir, you are not on a photo tour, I can’t start doing that.” I needed a 200 mm (35 mm eq) to compose the image. So while the bus was rolling, I increased my ISO to 400 in order to obtain a speed of 1/2000 sec. Luckily the bus windshield was clean! I took a chance and snapped the shot. Returning home, I converted the photo to black and white In post-processing. The treatment adds emphasis on the main road leading to the mountains, and there were no interesting elements in the vacant fields.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor