This past August, a good friend of mine invited me to spend 10 days on gorgeous Vancouver Island. Each day we visited some of the many beautiful spots to be found there. One day near the port of Nanaimo, he brought me to the shoreline. I was entranced by the contrasting colour of the subject against the mountains in the background and the lovely sky, and found the size and shape of offshore island to be truly lovely. To soften the water and clouds I set the camera to a 6 second exposure and framed my subject with a 164 mm focal length (35 mm eq). I was happy to have my tripod and cable release. Once back home in Montreal, Quebec, I called my friend and told him that there are too many beautiful image opportunities on his island and that I will have to return!
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor