This past August, a good friend of mine invited me to spend 10 days on gorgeous Vancouver Island. Each day we visited some of the many beautiful spots to be found there. One day near the port of Nanaimo, he brought me to the shoreline. I was entranced by the contrasting colour of the subject against the mountains in the background and the lovely sky, and found the size and shape of offshore island to be truly lovely. To soften the water and clouds I set the camera to a 6 second exposure and framed my subject with a 164 mm focal length (35 mm eq). I was happy to have my tripod and cable release. Once back home in Montreal, Quebec, I called my friend and told him that there are too many beautiful image opportunities on his island and that I will have to return!
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor