This is a section of dunes that is far less visited, but it was worth the effort to get there. The day before there had been a strong wind, and while typically that means wonderful rippled patterns on the surface of the sand, in this case the direction this section of dunes faces was smoothed over instead. It created an airbrushed look to the dunes and I marveled at how sensual and smooth the surface was, and the warm hue of the sand against a cobalt sky were a perfect compliment of colors. With no clouds in the sky, this was destined to be a simple graphic image but sometimes that creates a wonderful abstract. Death Vally National Park offers such a wonderful variety of photographic opportunities. While it may seem desolate and stark to some, others, like myself, see beauty in the simplicity, textures and patterns in the details, and wide open spaces!
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor