This location in southwest Washington state offers groves of aspen trees and great views of 12,281 ft. Mt. Adams. In October, the aspens show off their fall colors, making a great foreground for stately Mt. Adams.
We were following the weather forecast, which looked favorable for a day trip to this location. Nearby, Mt. Hood was shrouded in cloud cover, but the summit of Mt. Adams was poking above the clouds.
A recent storm had coated the mountain with some fresh snow. The wind was blowing vigorously, so I chose a high ISO to freeze the motion in the trees. From previous experience, I have found that the color and noise are still good with this camera at this ISO setting.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor