In mid-October 2015, during the peak autumn colour period, I was scouting around the lake Ouareau area. My attention was drawn to the brightness of the small peninsula to the left heading to the darker main shore. The contrasting tones were amplified by the reflection on the lake. As there was a light breeze causing movement and blur in the foliage, I raised the ISO to 400 to obtain a shutter speed of 1/500 sec.
The autumn period in the boreal forest is a delight for photographers. This period offers the full colour foliage spectrum which varies daily and offers great contrasts and composition opportunities. The season is fleeting: few days later, rain and strong winds set in, and the display was at an end until the next year.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor