In mid-October 2015, during the peak autumn colour period, I was scouting around the lake Ouareau area. My attention was drawn to the brightness of the small peninsula to the left heading to the darker main shore. The contrasting tones were amplified by the reflection on the lake. As there was a light breeze causing movement and blur in the foliage, I raised the ISO to 400 to obtain a shutter speed of 1/500 sec.
The autumn period in the boreal forest is a delight for photographers. This period offers the full colour foliage spectrum which varies daily and offers great contrasts and composition opportunities. The season is fleeting: few days later, rain and strong winds set in, and the display was at an end until the next year.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your pictures to over 300,000 followers
• Download all new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor