This Autumn shot was taken on the eastern part of the USA, Lubec, Maine, where the iconic red & white banded light house, West Quoddy, rests overlooking the Atlantic and Grand Manan Island in Canada. This is where the Sun kisses the US first, and I was thrilled to have the chance to try and capture the moment. The greatest difficulty was not getting up at 3 a.m., but fighting off armies of flying bugs like no-see-ums, and midges. In spite of this challenge, to witness this sight was worth it all. Opposites that make for beauty, I learned from the education Aesthetic Realism founded by Eli Siegel, like warmth & coolness, dark & light, to name a few, were in their full glory.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor