Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
The frozen, rocky shoreline of Lake Superior in Two Harbors, Minnesota. I set out early on a Sunday morning in early January when the expected air temperature at sunrise would be -15F (-26C) with a wind chill factor around -30F (-29C). I chose this time hoping for a good sunrise and the presence of the sea smoke on the surface of Lake Superior. I framed up this photo because I liked the frozen ice crystals seen across the rocks. The sea smoke was getting blown away as the wind ebbed and flowed. The sunrise didn't get very colorful so I was glad to capture this before it rose above the sea smoke cloud on the far horizon. Subzero winter days like this are a joy to be out in if you and your equipment can withstand the cold.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor