Today in this assignment we are talking about an autumnal image of the Place Moulin dam located in the town of Bionaz in Italy, one of the pearls of the Aosta Valley. This enchanting artificial lake is reached by crossing the entire Valpelline up to the bottom of the valley where this dam stands out. I highly recommend visiting this place in the fall.
The winding roads offer a wide view of various well-kept locations decorated in the typical alpine style. and so through the various hamlets and also with a stop at the lake below called Lexert we arrive in Bionaz. Leave your car in the parking lot and walk along the path that leads to the Prayeres Refuge.
We reach our destination by now at sunset and on the last clear day before an imminent and long snowfall and the Nikons I have available, especially the D5200, seems to want to turn on the magic of autumn colors herself despite the mist. And so solitude becomes a precious companion in the stillness of the evening, lit by contrasts between the yellow and orange of the branches and the blue of the water.
I warmly suggest using the autumn color scene mode offered by this type of SLR as well. In fact, unlike the programm or landscape mode, it allows you to fully grasp the shades of autumn offered by the month of October despite the twilight and looming clouds. It is so nice to escape from the city, after an intense working day to take refuge in such profound peace, forgetting anxiety and pain.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your pictures to over 300,000 followers
• Download all new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor