I set out at about 5 AM, hoping to capture the pier in the best light without losing my equipment to the waves. It is not easy, as I have donated many filters to the sea. I brought along my patience, camera, lens and 10-stop ND filter and tried to stabilize my tripod so that it would not sink as I took a long exposure. The waves ebbed and flowed while I slowed my shutter to create the glass-like scene that was so incongruous with the high energy of the ocean.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor