This photo was shot in Namibia during June (wintertime, though), around 6 pm at sunset. I was driving around Sesriem, a small settlement in the Namib desert near the famous Sossusvlei salt pan.
The drive will take your breath away as these tall and old sand dunes surround you.
I was admiring the sunlight lighting up these dunes when the particular spine of this dune with this tree at its bottom caught my attention.
I liked the composition, with this lone tree almost perfectly aligned with the spine of the dune.
The distance from the road is pretty important, so a lens of at least 400mm is necessary (I tried with a 70 -200 mm, but the result was unsatisfactory.)
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor