I was hoping for warm morning light for my first visit to Vestrahorn in Iceland but, instead, I was greeted by rain and winds up to 50 miles an hour. I stepped outside the van and was immediately knocked on my butt. The blowing black sand made it difficult to photograph the mountains from the beach so looked for a location away from the sand. I found this spot with some interesting detail in the ice, so I set up my tripod low to the ground to minimize the camera shake from the wind and used a high ISO to achieve a fast shutter speed.Upload YOUR Picture • WIN $200 Cash
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor