We are located in Breuil Cervinia in Valle D'Aosta in Italy in front of a truly majestic floral landscape.Along the path that flanks the golf course we find a large expanse of flowers of the Lupinus species. perennial flowering plants that in spring give long and showy inflorescences with flowers of strong and bright colors, one-colored or two-colored creating large tufts of great effect ornamental.
Lupins are very rustic, extremely vigorous and fast growing; their root system is well developed: they have large, long and fleshy roots. After fertilization, which is mainly self-indulgent, long legumes are formed, erect, close to the axis of the raceme, pubescent, crushed, containing numerous seeds. In these high altitude mountainous environments they are very common in July, unfortunately they have already faded at the end of August.They seem to pay homage to His Majesty the Monte Cervino with their colors, waving in the morning wind.
For this shot I used a Nikon D5200 with 18-55 mm lens in program mode to better emphasize the bright colors of these flowers.I practically stretched out, grounded to get the widest possible shot. I therefore warmly recommend spending the summer in this alpine location which offers plenty of ideas for a wide range of nature photography. These flowers are also found near Avouil where there is a small lake used for sport fishing and also at the beginning of the path that leads to the church of the Alpine troops. They have wonderful colors to give the eyes and soul deep emotions, deep peace.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor