In 2015, my wife and I took a 3-week trip around northern Arizona to take in the scenery. One of our stops was Monument Valley. We went around the tribal park road and also did a guided tour of the Mystery Valley area. We had a good time and got some great photos.
A couple of years later, I retired, and we started taking a 5+ week trip out west every spring. This let us visit more places and do some previous ones in more depth.
Somewhere along the way, I learned that there is another great spot in the Monument Valley area that requires a guided tour - Hunt's Mesa. This provides an elevated view overlooking the valley from the south. We were not able to work that into our plans again until this year.
We stayed in the area for 5 days as part of the spring trip. One of those mornings, we were greeted by this sunrise from the patio of our room.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor