In 2015, my wife and I took a 3-week trip around northern Arizona to take in the scenery. One of our stops was Monument Valley. We went around the tribal park road and also did a guided tour of the Mystery Valley area. We had a good time and got some great photos.
A couple of years later, I retired, and we started taking a 5+ week trip out west every spring. This let us visit more places and do some previous ones in more depth.
Somewhere along the way, I learned that there is another great spot in the Monument Valley area that requires a guided tour - Hunt's Mesa. This provides an elevated view overlooking the valley from the south. We were not able to work that into our plans again until this year.
We stayed in the area for 5 days as part of the spring trip. One of those mornings, we were greeted by this sunrise from the patio of our room.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor