Enxidro stream is one of the tributaries of the Bestanca River (Cinfaes), which rises in the Montemuro mountain and flows into the Douro River. As well as Bestanca, the Enxidro is one of Portugal's last clean and wild rivers.
Throughout its course, it forms several small waterfalls, one appearing in this image. The abundance of trees combined with circulating water creates a humid environment propitious to the growth of ferns and mosses, which attracted my attention when I visited this site last April.
Sunlight glint on the water and the plants. My attention was attracted by the large number of mosses that covered the stones, giving a sensation of life abundance and joy. The moment was captured with a Hasselblad X1D-50c in crop mode. Using f/13 and focusing the foreground, backgrounds were slightly blurred, giving the image a sense of intimacy and closeness. Using 1/30sec, the movement of the water in the waterfall became only slightly fluid.Upload YOUR Picture • WIN $200 Cash
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor