Enxidro stream is one of the tributaries of the Bestanca River (Cinfaes), which rises in the Montemuro mountain and flows into the Douro River. As well as Bestanca, the Enxidro is one of Portugal's last clean and wild rivers.
Throughout its course, it forms several small waterfalls, one appearing in this image. The abundance of trees combined with circulating water creates a humid environment propitious to the growth of ferns and mosses, which attracted my attention when I visited this site last April.
Sunlight glint on the water and the plants. My attention was attracted by the large number of mosses that covered the stones, giving a sensation of life abundance and joy. The moment was captured with a Hasselblad X1D-50c in crop mode. Using f/13 and focusing the foreground, backgrounds were slightly blurred, giving the image a sense of intimacy and closeness. Using 1/30sec, the movement of the water in the waterfall became only slightly fluid.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor