Vestahorn mountain is a 454-metre-tall scree on the Stokknes Peninsula in southeast Iceland. It is mainly made up of gabbro and granophyre rocks. The Stokksnes peninsula on its west side locks in seawater by the land, so it's possible to get some great shots of the mountain mirrored in the calm seawater, that's almost like a big lagoon but varies in size with the tide.
I went to Vestahorn mountain in Iceland, and I was blown away! Literally! The wind was so strong that I had to hold onto my hat for dear life. I felt like I was going to be blown away like a feather. But it was worth it because I got some amazing photos of the mountain. It's like it was posing for me!
Iceland's constant weather changes never fail to provide an awe-inspiring and dramatic picture any time of the day or night.
Here are some more facts about Vestrahorn mountain:
• Vestrahorn mountain is located on the Stokksnes Peninsula, close to the town of Hofn.
• It is surrounded by Eystrahorn and Brunnhorn (the three little summits stretching into the sea). All of them together are often referred to as Vestrahorn, even if, technically, it is just one summit.
• With peaks reaching up to 454 metres (1490 ft), cliffs rising from the sides of a stunning lagoon, and black sand beaches all around, it promises to blow away anyone with an appreciation of stark natural beauty.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor