I shot this picture on a silent, moody day in Reine, Lofoten, in January 2023. The sky was covered with thin clouds, and the afternoon sun began slowly to set. The days before, we had storms, snow, and even hailstorms, but the northern Atlantic sea was very calm this afternoon.
This little island just in front of the harbour entrance has no name on Google Maps, but I have often seen it and that day, I finally wanted to take some photos of it. I put my camera on the tripod, and to get a long exposure time, I used an ND 3.0 filter. So the sea and the clouds became utterly flattened. That is one of my favourite pictures of this year's stay on the Lofoten Islands.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor