I shot this picture on a silent, moody day in Reine, Lofoten, in January 2023. The sky was covered with thin clouds, and the afternoon sun began slowly to set. The days before, we had storms, snow, and even hailstorms, but the northern Atlantic sea was very calm this afternoon.
This little island just in front of the harbour entrance has no name on Google Maps, but I have often seen it and that day, I finally wanted to take some photos of it. I put my camera on the tripod, and to get a long exposure time, I used an ND 3.0 filter. So the sea and the clouds became utterly flattened. That is one of my favourite pictures of this year's stay on the Lofoten Islands.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor