Please allow time for the page to refresh upon clicking Log Me In.
A recent email conversation with an LPM member about popular locations prompted this month’s letter.
When I scout a new area with a future photo tour in mind, my first priority is to capture images of the iconic locations of that area, before I then concentrate on capturing images that suit my own personal taste. I know that clients who will join me there will want to photograph the iconic locations, and they are named as such for good reason; exquisite views, outstanding viewpoints that lead the eye to breathtaking scenes and, quite often, easy access for all. When we see a picture of an extraordinary location, it is natural to want to visit and create our own version of that image.
For most people it is not about how many times a particular location has been photographed, rather more about visiting and photographing it themselves.
Besides, after the digital revolution in photography, and as it stands today, I can't think of many places on this planet that have not become iconic – and I am not talking of places where one needs to be young and fit to visit.
It is certainly an interesting topic of debate and many of us have our own views on the subject so we have published two different articles, Benefits Of Photographing Iconic Locations and Benefits Of Photographing Unknown Locations. I look forward to hearing more of your thoughts.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue