Please allow time for the page to refresh upon clicking Log Me In.
Cold as ice
Last month, taking up a Canadian friend's invitation (thanks Bruce), I and two friends had the great pleasure of visiting a very frozen Canada. It was great to see our photo quartet in action – same location, yet so many different views.
I must admit, this is a photographic trip that will stay with me for a very long time, in no small part because of the extreme weather conditions.
Bruce had already informed us that it was going to be very cold. Hah, I thought, I have been out in very cold conditions before, what's new? Well, the ‘new’ was the temperature number, a mere -36 Celsius!
It is under temperatures this extreme when one sees all body energy (and battery) being drained in such short times; pushing oneself to the limit just to make sure enough creativity is left to compose an image, and then finding enough strength to wait for the right moment to capture it. The body starts seizing up, and so does your photographic equipment. Special clothing and kit is needed to stay even remotely warm, let alone upright on slippery surfaces. Despite battling the elements, we all managed to get through this extraordinary adventure in one piece and have some fantastic images to prove it.
Would I do it all again? Most definitely. I am already preparing for going back – but this time much better equipped for what I now know awaits me.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your pictures to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue