Recently I had the pleasure of running a photographic workshop in the spectacular Lofoten Islands of Norway.
I don't know if I am generally lucky, but I always seem to have a superb team of participants on all of my workshops - and the Lofoten group was no exception. Six very kind people, with a great sense of humour, made our stay there an absolute pleasure.
Although the entire setup was fantastic, and we all had a great time, the highlight of the trip for us all had to be the arctic light. I will admit that I have never before photographed above the arctic circle during the winter months. Waking up on the first morning at 08.00 and seeing the mountain tops lit by glorious Alpen glow, when the sunrise was supposed to be around 09:30, was an extreme surprise.
There is something strange about arctic light, something almost ethereal, something I cannot really explain. I fell in love with it and am planning many more trips above the arctic circle during the coming winters.
Long live the arctic light!
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your pictures to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue