The challenge of the unknown
As a great supporter of 'transient light', I always look for it and do my best to capture it. However, there are a few images that I'd love to capture which require long-term planning and I am sure this is the case with you also.
I believe that a large number of photographers plan ahead for some of their future photographic shoots, although that depends on the subject you want to photograph, of course. For example, you cannot plan to shoot a picture that includes transient light and a fleeting moment; these happen fast and you need to be on location, or in the right place, at the right time. I am talking about images we have envisaged, the ones we want to capture during a specific time of year, or at a specific time of day.
Everything can be planned and everything can go according to plan; you can be there on time and make the image. However, the only things you cannot control are light and weather. To go one step further, although the forecast can be to your liking, things might not go as per your wishes, which can cause disappointment and frustration.
We should not be disappointed, though. When the right time comes, planning can commence again and, who knows, it might happen the next time. After all, this is the exciting part of landscape photography; the challenge of the unknown and the pleasure of re-visiting a location, in the hope that an outstanding picture can be created.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue