Share Your Story
This is your chance to tell us your best story from 2017 and see it published in LPM. The most inspiring stories will be featured in a forthcoming issue of the magazine, on the website and across social media.
Have you achieved a personal first this year? Have you created your best picture yet? Have you adopted a new technique that helped you create your own photographic style? Or, perhaps, you were extremely inspired by a location you visited in 2017 that you wish to write about.
Whatever your story, we want to read about it. Send your story to: [email protected]
• Rafael Rojas tells us why exhibitions are ephemeral but physical products, like coffee table books, offer a tangible experience that lives forever.
• Colour photography has been around for a long time, so why do so many photographers continue to shoot in black and white? Alexander Otto examines the case and explains why.
• Japan’s landscapes can be difficult to capture while retaining their unique features. Paul Gallagher travelled to Hokkaido in order to capture the wonderful congruence between nature and man.
• Finally, a big thank you to everyone who took part in our search for this year’s B&W Vision and for sending us your best black & white images. The gallery with the best submitted images can be found on page 46.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your pictures to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue