Diving into the unknown
A strong, warm wind, even though it was coming from the north, 28 celsius outside temperature and just a handful of people waiting to board the small plane to Karpathos – a Greek island that, until recently, I’d had no idea of its natural beauty, although I knew of its existence.
For the first time in my photographic life I am on the tarmac, headed for a destination completely unprepared. My usual approach is to study the area, write a list of potential locations to visit, best time of day to go and other, more technical, information to try to ensure returning with some great images.
This time, however, I completely ran out of time to prepare as I usually would. Yet, here I am with a big smile on my face and great enthusiasm for a lovely holiday and photography in the ‘unknown’. Perhaps this is what we all need from time to time? A dive into the unknown? It is always interesting to see what we bring back with us when we once again surface.
Until next month, be well, stay inspired and read the latest issue from cover to cover.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers. Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor