Diving into the unknown
A strong, warm wind, even though it was coming from the north, 28 celsius outside temperature and just a handful of people waiting to board the small plane to Karpathos – a Greek island that, until recently, I’d had no idea of its natural beauty, although I knew of its existence.
For the first time in my photographic life I am on the tarmac, headed for a destination completely unprepared. My usual approach is to study the area, write a list of potential locations to visit, best time of day to go and other, more technical, information to try to ensure returning with some great images.
This time, however, I completely ran out of time to prepare as I usually would. Yet, here I am with a big smile on my face and great enthusiasm for a lovely holiday and photography in the ‘unknown’. Perhaps this is what we all need from time to time? A dive into the unknown? It is always interesting to see what we bring back with us when we once again surface.
Until next month, be well, stay inspired and read the latest issue from cover to cover.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue