Land of Plenty
It seems like only yesterday that I was standing by a volcanic crater near Landmannalauger in Iceland trying to photograph the surrounding hills. Exquisite shapes, textures and vivid colours in the soil that left me speechless. But there was a catch – strong winds made it extremely hard to even stand up, let alone do some hand-held photography.
Roll forward twelve months and there I stood once again, at the Land of Plenty, with that incredible view before me, joined by a group of photographers as part of my Iceland photo tour. This time, however, the elements were all in our favour and the experience was even more magical; hardly any wind, very little rain and countless hours of photographing the incredible landscapes. So, with the many, albeit beautiful, images of this country that we have already seen, has Iceland been ‘done to death’? Certainly not! In my opinion we have only just started to scratch the surface of what this unique and enchanting country has to offer.
In LPM this month we bring you an article by Marc Adamus, one of the most recognised landscape photographers in USA today, if not the entire world. You can read Marc’s thoughts on all things landscape photography on page 68.
We are also pleased to introduce our new monthly columnist, Alister Benn, a photographer with a unique style and a quite incredible journey in recent years.
Our September interview is Jack Dykinga, Pulitzer prize winner and one of the most prolific landscape photographers today. Jack talks to Tiffany Reed Briley about his award, his lung transplant, the importance of having your own style and authenticity in the art of photography.
Until next month, be well, stay inspired and read the latest issue from cover to cover.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue