Feeling the heat?
Suddenly August is here already. It seems like only yesterday that I was looking forward to summer and now it is almost at an end, the nights are visibly starting to draw in.
Many of you have already returned from your summer vacation and many more are just about to start. If you still have your summer vacation to look forward to, I wish you an enjoyable, relaxing time and hope that the latest issue of LPM keeps you company and continues to inspire you on your travels.
Here’s some of what we have for you this month:
Why do we shoot landscapes? For professional landscape photographers, taking pictures is a business, but in this article, inspired by a member question on the LPM Forum, I take a moment to reflect on the more primal reasons that I love landscape photography. This article is free to read and I look forward to hearing your own views. You can also participate in the conversation here.
A photograph is not always just a moment captured; sometimes it can express much, much more. In his Field Diaries article this month, Erez Marom describes how he captured an image that tells a tragic story.
In an effort to find a new untouched location, Ian Plant headed to the most remote location he could find: a volcano in a conflict zone. But, once there, he still found other photographers, so he had to get creative.
Until next month, be well, stay inspired and read issue 65 from cover to cover.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers. Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor