A Font Family
I’m not sure how the weather has been lately in your part of the word, but here in Scotland we have been enjoying a lovely, but rare, spring spell, while hearing of gales bringing down trees and tearing off roofs in southern England. The weather in the UK is rarely reliable, but it makes for some great photo opportunities.
The ‘eagle-eyed’ amongst you will notice some design changes to LPM this month. Our previous LPM masthead has served us well, but we wanted something cleaner and more modern to take us into the next five years. Choosing a new font is rather like walking into the biggest camera shop in the world and being asked to pick just one favourite, but we hope you like the end result.
I would also like to introduce to you our newest contributor, Karen Hutton. I found her writing style fresh and slightly teasing and her photography inspiring, so we are delighted she has joined the LPM team. I hope you will enjoy her articles as much as we do.
Finally, don’t miss this month’s article on ‘Coastal Landscapes’. Photographing coastal landscapes under a variety of weather and light conditions can be extremely challenging but also an outstanding experience. Mark Hamblin shares with us some advice on capturing the coastal mood. And most definitely, don’t forget to check out the coastal landscapes gallery that follows the article. One word for this – stunning.
Until next month, be well and stay inspired.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue