Let it snow
Spring is almost upon us, bringing with it an abundance of new photo opportunities, which made me reflect on the diversities of each season and the images they bring. During a recent photo workshop in England’s beautiful Lake District, I had not planned for a very early start for a sunrise photo shoot on the last day. Nevertheless, a last minute decision was made and we were good to go. Besides, which landscape photographer doesn’t want to be out there capturing the early morning light? The forecast was for clear sky, for the entire week apparently – what a joy and a rarity for the UK, as any British photographer will tell you.
So, at 06:30 the next morning, I was in the hotel lobby waiting for my clients and glanced out of the window expecting to see the much-anticipated clear sky. Much to my surprise, it was snowing and everything was covered with the white stuff. So much for photographing the sunrise!
I am always surprised on how fast photographers can make decisions and seize the moment and, within minutes, we were heading out to photograph what we were now calling ‘the early morning light’. A wonderful morning and some beautiful images captured, but unexpected nevertheless.
During my years as a pro photographer I have come to realise that what makes a good picture is the eye behind the camera and a high amount of inspiration. That morning we had inspiration in abundance. Location, technicalities and everything else come in second place.
Until next month, be well and stay inspired.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue