Good People, Families and Festive Cheer
With the festive season nearly upon us and having just returned from a brief, but wonderful, break in Greece to visit family, I’ve found myself reflecting recently on some of the things that mean the most: being surrounded by our loved ones, peaceful moments of contemplation in beautiful surroundings away from the chaos of life and random acts of kindness to others.
It reminded me of a good deed I received recently that literally saved the day. I was travelling long-haul from my home near Glasgow to run a photo workshop in Canada, requiring an internal night-flight to London. Having been informed the internal flight was delayed for around two hours I decided not to rush to the airport, without realising that check-in would still be at normal time. Consequently I arrived at check-in to find the desk closed, no other options that would get me to London in time for my connecting flight the next morning – and desperation starting to kick in at the prospect of ‘the photo workshop that never happened’!
My saving grace came in the form of a policewoman on duty at the airport who, realising what had happened, took it upon herself to get me and my considerable amount of luggage through security, to the airport gate and, before I knew it, among the rest of the passengers waiting for the flight to London.
This lady did not need to help me, nor was it her job to get me on the plane, yet she went out of her way to do so. I thanked her from the bottom of my heart for what she did for me and, for me, her good deed was a poignant reminder that many kind people still exist in this world.
As 2015 draws to a close, I and the LPM team would like to take this opportunity to wish all our readers and followers a very happy holidays and a wonderful New Year. We look forward to welcoming you back in 2016!
Until next month, be well and stay inspired.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers. Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor