Women in the Landscape
A couple of weeks ago I was asked by a group of female photographers to attend the opening of their excellent photo exhibition at the OXO Gallery in London and to say a few words. It was wonderful to see the launch event so busy, with prominent landscape photographers and press also attending. Whilst giving my speech, I couldn’t help reflecting that a few times my view of promoting women landscape photographers had caused some debate.
One of the main principles upon which LPM has been built is the promoting the work of talented landscape photographers. It makes no difference to me if these talents are young or old, male or female. I wholeheartedly applaud and support any passionate artists honing their skill and promoting their work.
I have mentioned many times in the past that LPM’s door is always open, all you need to do is to knock. I promise you that we will continue to do all we can to promote your talent, either from within our editorial pages or from our readers’ sections – as we have been doing for the past 5 years and hope to do for many years to come!
Until next month, be well and stay inspired.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue