Fire & Ice
I have heard many photographers talking about the magic of Iceland over the years. As both a photographer and an editor, having seen some incredible images that other photographers have returned with, it was definitely on my ‘bucket list’ of places to visit.
Last month I made my first trip to this beautiful country and I freely admit that I was awestruck. I have visited many superb locations around the world but none had such a great influence on me. Until now!
Besides the extraordinary scenery, the vast waterfalls and the breathtaking beauty of the highlands, one thing that made a huge impression was the night we had whiskey on the rocks, but not just any rocks – these rocks being more than 3000 years old and originating at Jokulsarlon glacier. Never has whiskey tasted any better than that!
Flying back home to the UK was bittersweet, but I know I’ll be booking my next visit back to this magical place very soon.
In LPM for you this month
The elegant ash tree provides photographic opportunities all year round. However, as Lizzie Shepherd explains, this underrated tree is facing a serious threat and needs our help if it is to remain an iconic part of the English countryside.
Carolyn Bell shares valuable advice that will make your airliner landscape photography stand out from the crowd.
Adam Burton reveals the best time of year to visit Yosemite in order to fully appreciate the vistas made famous by Ansel Adams.
French Fine Art Landscape Photographer, Alain Briot, has spent two decades establishing a career in the US. He talks to Landscape Photography about manipulating his images, the key to commercial success and the importance of a healthy work-life balance.
Until next month, be well and stay inspired.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue