The 'Pro' Word
We all have a dream. Mine was to be able to quit the day job and become a professional photographer. Fast forward a good few years and that dream has become a reality. I am now a pro photographer. I get to travel all over the world, run workshops and help people improve their skills. Back then I never even dared imagine I’d also publish and edit one of the most successful digital photography magazines in the world.
Reflecting back on the journey, it is quite astonishing. But it has been, and continues to be, incredibly hard work. I work longer hours than I ever thought possible. Yet I wouldn’t change a thing – and I’d do it all again tomorrow.
In LPM for you this month:
Finding photographic art in everyday landscapes through unconventional capture techniques is an alternative way to engage with the natural world. One of the techniques that has gained momentum lately, is ICM. Deborah Hughes analyses this interesting concept.
You can photograph what you cannot see! Sapna Reddy explains how the difference in what is perceived by our eyes versus what can be rendered in the camera is the basic premise of photographing at night.
Without goals in photography we would be drifting around aimlessly. Mark Bauer reflects on the need for balance and the importance of enjoying the process of reaching those goals.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers. Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor