An endless source of inspiration
Every year, since 2008, I have visited the stunning Santorini island in Greece, both running workshops and for family holidays. Just last month, I went back again. For me, it is a magical place. Each trip I find yet more hidden gems – ones that I’ve either failed to notice previously or simply different viewpoints that catch my attention. There is always something new to discover on the island, a tiny lane never entered before or a known location at a different time of day. The Santorini light can play many tricks and brings so many new opportunities on a daily basis. The island has become an endless source of inspiration for me and hopefully one I’ll be continuing to visit for years to come. And, now that the July issue is finished, I’m looking forward to processing some of my images from this year’s trip, especially as I seem to have brought some of the wonderful Greek sunshine back with me to the UK.
In LPM for you this month:
Peter Cairns writes that most photographers take pictures because they love doing so. However, are we constantly taking without giving anything back?
Cloudless sunny skies are suited to golden sandy beaches. On the flip side, rugged rocky coast works well when photographed beneath dark moody skies, as Adam Burton explains.
Our popular new podcast series this month brings you three insightful new interviews with Ian Plant, Mark Metternich and David duChemin, so pull up a seat, plug in your headphones and enjoy.
Mark Hamblin shares some excellent ideas on how to exchange the wide angle lens with a telephoto one and start searching for the picture inside the picture.
Finally, we are thrilled to bring you the 2015 Global Arctic Awards and Panobook competitions winners and finalists – an endless source of inspiration.
Until next month, be well and stay inspired.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue