For many years I have admired other photographers images of the stunning Utah National Parks and vowed that someday I would capture this beautiful area for myself. Early last month I and three friends stepped off a plane onto U.S. soil and spent an incredible two weeks exploring and photographing the area, as well as a brief, but very enjoyable, time in Arizona.
The sheer beauty of these places is overwhelming and the scale of the landscape has to be seen first-hand to be believed. Looking at Bryce Canyon from the rim is something that everyone – not just photographers – should experience. It’s something that will stay with me forever – and a place that I fully intend to return to very soon.
While there, I also had the pleasure of meeting up with Guy Tal and Deborah Hughes, two of our LPM contributors. My thanks to them for taking the time out of their schedules to make it happen.
Here’s just some of what we have for you this month: The new monthly Podcast section brings you interviews with some of the best landscape photographers in the world, so put your feet up and enjoy.
Lizzie Shepherd describes her love of birch trees and shares advice on how to best capture them in all their glory.
Guy Tal advises us to stop chasing after things already photographed and challenge yourself to see things in a new and unique way.
Originality is a good thing, but it shouldn’t be the only goal in our photography. Mark Bauer explains why we should concentrate on getting the aesthetics right and make the most of those moments when we manage to combine them with originality.
Until next month, be well and stay inspired.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers. Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor