For many years I have admired other photographers images of the stunning Utah National Parks and vowed that someday I would capture this beautiful area for myself. Early last month I and three friends stepped off a plane onto U.S. soil and spent an incredible two weeks exploring and photographing the area, as well as a brief, but very enjoyable, time in Arizona.
The sheer beauty of these places is overwhelming and the scale of the landscape has to be seen first-hand to be believed. Looking at Bryce Canyon from the rim is something that everyone – not just photographers – should experience. It’s something that will stay with me forever – and a place that I fully intend to return to very soon.
While there, I also had the pleasure of meeting up with Guy Tal and Deborah Hughes, two of our LPM contributors. My thanks to them for taking the time out of their schedules to make it happen.
Here’s just some of what we have for you this month: The new monthly Podcast section brings you interviews with some of the best landscape photographers in the world, so put your feet up and enjoy.
Lizzie Shepherd describes her love of birch trees and shares advice on how to best capture them in all their glory.
Guy Tal advises us to stop chasing after things already photographed and challenge yourself to see things in a new and unique way.
Originality is a good thing, but it shouldn’t be the only goal in our photography. Mark Bauer explains why we should concentrate on getting the aesthetics right and make the most of those moments when we manage to combine them with originality.
Until next month, be well and stay inspired.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue