Running a photographic workshop successfully is no mean feat. It takes skill, patience, diplomacy but above all, endless amounts of energy. Take out one of these ingredients and you can have a recipe for disaster.
This is exactly what happened to me last month in Venice when I was hit by a nasty dose of the flu which left me stuck in a hotel room for four days. Thankfully, for me and my clients, my good friend and second tutor Mike Bell kindly stepped in and took over the running of the workshop single-handedly. Cheers Mike, you saved the day!
Now having safely arrived back in Scotland, and with the snow storms hitting outside, it’s time to get to work putting the finishing touches to our February issue.
Once again we have over 230 packed pages for you including:
With most photographers now having their own websites, how can you stay ahead of the rest and showcase your images? If you are thinking of having your own photographic exhibition, Richard Burton shares his valuable advice on what to consider and how to get yourself noticed. At the other end of the scale, gallery owner Jon Gibbs gives us his insight into how to run your own successful gallery.
Terrascape are a fairly new company to the photographic arena and their filter bags recently caught our eye so we put them to the test. Find out if they lived up to our expectations.
Also in this issue, we were thrilled to talk exclusively with top mountain landscape photographer, Alex Nail, about his passion for high-altitude adventure, the art of wild camping and what it takes to get these incredible images.
Finally, we bring you the best images from the Neutral Density Photography Awards. So, grab yourself a coffee and enjoy Issue 48 of LPM.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue