Happy New Year! I expect you have started any New Year’s resolutions by now? Let’s face it, Christmas dinner excess, Boxing Day leftovers, New Year’s party... Time to lose that extra weight? Hmm, we’ll see. Planning some really exciting photo projects for 2015? Definitely! Whatever your ideas and aims for 2015, I do hope they come to fruition.
Many of us start the New Year with a new wish list. Some of us are probably hankering after a new camera, but the question is, can we really afford it? How about a new lens? Now, this could be a good option for most of us. How about upgrading that tripod – replacing your ‘grand old faithful’ that is on its last legs? Whatever your aim we hope this year is your best yet – and we look forward to accompanying you on your journey.
Coming up in this month’s issue: Brandon Yoshizawa is on-hand to help us all produce stunning images of the Milky Way. Peter Cairns tells us why the life of a working nature photographer has changed beyond recognition. Deborah Hughes has an excellent interview with Kathleen Clemons, a very inspiring photographer.
Returning back to where we started, with wish lists; Mike Bell takes a look at which lenses are vital parts of a landscape photographer’s kit. While there may be no simple answers, there are a number of important factors to take into consideration before we make that purchase.
I wish to offer a huge thank you to all of you who have joined us and followed LPM on our journey so far – and what a journey it has been! We have new plans for this year which we look forward to telling you more about very soon, but we also pledge to continue bringing you all of the high quality content you expect from our incredible family of contributors and you, our readers, whose outstanding talents never fail to astound us on a daily basis. We wish each and every one of you an inspiring and rewarding 2015.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue