I am running two photo workshops in November, a weekend in Glencoe on general photo tuition and one in the Lake District in England – the latter workshop is specifically about tilt and shift lenses. At the time of writing this, the Glencoe one is over.
I joined the Glencoe group on Saturday morning on the 8th of November. The weather forecast for the following day was promising but again, I have heard this many times before. Indeed, the forecast was correct, we had clear blue sky, heavy frost and a little bonus, mist. We headed off for the day’s first challenge, a beautiful sunrise – Rannoch Moor and Loch Ba was our destination. Upon our arrival we were awestruck with the beauty of the location under sunrise colours and mist hovering over the loch. We walked a little towards the designated spot and as I started to explain a few things before the photo shoot, we noticed a young red deer stag in the distance. It was stood there and was keeping an eye on us – he stayed there for more than 10 minutes. This gave everyone the chance to set up their gear and capture this magical moment – the young stag was the icing on the cake on this spectacular morning shoot.
On to this month’s issue though. I’d like to bring to your attention the changes in the magazine’s design. We took onboard the advice you sent us a little while back and we implemented the best parts in this new design. The main change is the new grid and the larger font – we hope you find reading the magazine on tablets much easier now. You will also notice some more changes here and there.
On to our featured articles now. ICM by Peter Cairns, Working the Landscape by Mark Hamblin and Location Planning by Mike Bell – you will find some extremely valuable information in all three articles, enjoy.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue