On October 2013 I visited two of the best locations in mainland Greece, Zagoria and Meteora. This was a recce for my upcoming photo workshop there. I will not bore you with explanations, you can run a web search if you are interested.
To the point. I hoped for some moody conditions but had none – typical warm, dry and sunny weather. This year I run the workshop as planned and I had a small group of seven people with me. However, this time round I was really lucky. We had some rain, mist and even snow on the high mountains, very unusual for this time of year but it can happen from time to time. The workshop was a great success. Keep an eye for some pictures on my website and for the repeat of this workshop in 2016.
Let’s move on to this month though. I wish to bring to your attention the controversial article on page 30, how far is too far in post processing? I know that some purists want to capture landscapes as nature intended them to be captured. However, have a look at Hani’s work and if you wish, you can leave your comment on the website.
Also, on page 82 you will find a guide to focusing and depth of field. Mike Bell has done his best to explain a few things about the subject, I hope you all find his article very useful.
On the Gear Test field, Mark Bauer reviews the Olympus E-M1, a higher-end model in the same range as the O-MD E-M5. This time Olympus seems to be aiming at the semi-pro and enthusiast market.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers. Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor